Naples Truck Accident Lawyers
Seek Compensation for Your Injuries
Truck accidents are some of the most devastating collisions on the road. The sheer size of these vehicles makes them difficult to maneuver, and their massive weight makes them even more dangerous when they collide with smaller vehicles. If you have been involved in a truck accident, it is important that you understand your legal rights. At Lusk, Drasites & Tolisano, our Naples truck accident attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Truck Accident Causes
Truck accidents are caused by many of the same issues that cause all accidents on the road. The most common cause of truck accidents is driver negligence. Truck drivers are subject to more rigorous training and licensing requirements because of the massive vehicles they operate, but many still make mistakes that cause collisions.
Here are some common causes of truck accidents:
- Driver Fatigue: Long hours on the road can lead to driver fatigue, increasing the likelihood of accidents. Truck drivers may push themselves to meet deadlines, leading to drowsiness and reduced reaction times.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is a significant factor in many truck accidents. Trucks require longer distances to stop, and high speeds reduce the driver's ability to react to sudden obstacles or traffic changes.
- Distraction: Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents, and truck drivers are not exempt. Activities like texting, using a mobile phone, eating, or adjusting in-cab devices can divert a driver's attention from the road.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is dangerous for any driver, including truck drivers. Impaired judgment and slower reaction times increase the risk of accidents.
- Inadequate Training: Inexperienced or poorly trained truck drivers may struggle with handling large vehicles, understanding regulations, and making safe decisions on the road.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, ice, or fog, can reduce visibility and road traction, making it more challenging for truck drivers to control their vehicles.
- Mechanical Failures: Truck accidents can occur due to mechanical failures, such as brake system malfunctions, tire blowouts, or engine problems. Inadequate maintenance or equipment defects are often contributing factors.
- Overloaded or Improperly Loaded Trucks: Overloading a truck or improper cargo distribution can affect stability and braking ability, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Aggressive Driving: Aggressive behaviors like tailgating, improper lane changes, and road rage can lead to accidents involving trucks.
- Poor Road Conditions: Roads in disrepair, construction zones, or lack of proper signage can create hazards for truck drivers and increase the risk of accidents.
- Blind Spots: Trucks have large blind spots, which can make it challenging for drivers to see smaller vehicles around them. This can lead to accidents when smaller vehicles linger in these blind spots.
- Inadequate Rest Breaks: Federal regulations require truck drivers to take mandatory rest breaks to combat fatigue. Violations of these regulations can result in tired and less alert drivers.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: Failure to yield the right of way at intersections or during lane changes can lead to collisions, especially when trucks are involved.
- Reckless Overtaking: Overtaking trucks improperly or trying to pass them on the right can result in accidents, especially on highways.
- Sudden Stops: Trucks cannot stop as quickly as smaller vehicles and sudden stops in traffic can lead to rear-end collisions.
Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries for those in smaller vehicles. The occupants of smaller vehicles are often killed instantly or suffer severe, life-altering injuries.
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries to those in smaller vehicles:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
If you have been injured in a truck accident, it is important that you speak with an experienced truck accident attorney in Naples. Our team at Lusk, Drasites & Tolisano can help you recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Let us help you get everything you need to make the best possible recovery from injury and move forward with your life.
No Fees Until We WinWe offer Free Consultations, and work on Contingency Fees for Personal Injury cases. This means we ask for nothing from you until your injury case is concluded.
Prioritizing Your Experience
As a member of our community, we want to put your needs first, far ahead of the bottom line. We treat our clients like people, and never just like cases.
In Practice Since 1982We at Lusk, Drasites & Tolisano have been in practice for 40 years, which means you can count on our skill, experience, and community value to help you through your case.
"Answering all my questions and making me feel very important."Shannon D.
"Highly recommend."Rebecca M.
"There isn't enough stars for me to give."Lynn E.